Learning an instrument

socrates

Jan 2, 2020, 23:59 pm

I have zero background in music. Haven't taken a single music theory class, or any instrument class.
However, I've recently purchased a ukelele.
What's the best way to learn it if I don't want to hire a teacher? I want to learn by myself.
Hazer

Jan 3, 2020, 19:28 pm

I have zero background in music. Haven't taken a single music theory class, or any instrument class.
However, I've recently purchased a ukelele.
What's the best way to learn it if I don't want to hire a teacher? I want to learn by myself.
Your best bet is to look on Youtube for video guides.
Also from what little music endeavours I've gone through... is to just keep practising.
Over and over, and drill it into your brain even if you begin to hate the tunes/songs you're playing.
That's really the only way to solidly improve with music from what I've seen.
Most people who learn stuff like violins and other orchestral music too say they hate most of the classics as they had to play them hundreds of times while learning.

The end result would be worth it though. :)
Site Admin
admin

Jan 3, 2020, 19:30 pm

Youtube can be a great resource, and a paid instructor can be as well. As long as either of those is teaching you the proper technique fundamentals, you'll be off to a strong start.
Ten percent of nothin' is... let me do the math here... nothin' into nothin'... carry the nothin'...