Python language

socrates

Jan 2, 2020, 23:56 pm

I've heard that python is the most "promising" language to learn.
What will I be able to do if I take a crash course in python? I currently only know the basics of C and C++.
Is this game (Lasria) written in python, C,C++, etc? I'm not a computer scientist but I do have a passion for computer science.
Site Admin
admin

Jan 3, 2020, 17:56 pm

I would say learn whatever language you are passionate about learning. :) You can definitely take boot camps and crash courses in any language.

Actually Lasria is not written in any of those languages. We're a little bit different from the rest of the herd.
Ten percent of nothin' is... let me do the math here... nothin' into nothin'... carry the nothin'...
Hazer

Jan 3, 2020, 19:16 pm

I've heard that python is the most "promising" language to learn.
What will I be able to do if I take a crash course in python? I currently only know the basics of C and C++.
Is this game (Lasria) written in python, C,C++, etc? I'm not a computer scientist but I do have a passion for computer science.
Hello Socrates!

Python is promising because of how easy it is to pick up.
It's one of the main languages that is taught as a first programming language, due to that reason.
This has caused it's popularity to skyrocket and for people to work on improving it further and further.
Hence the promising future that it holds (and even now it's still one of the most popular languages).

Python has libraries that can allow you to build all sorts of things with it.
You could use it to make websites or applications and games.
The possibilities are great, but I won't go too much into all that you can do with it.
Python is far simpler than C and C++ so even with zero knowledge you could learn it!

Definitely look up tutorials for it and try and start off with a basic project and go further into it once you're more adapted to it.
Since it's such a popular language there are TONS of resources online (youtube, forums, stackoverflow answers, free courses, etc...).
So you don't need to pay for any online course - there are many that will get you started for free.

Hope you enjoy your delving into the world of development. :)
It's very fun when you finally finish creating something that you've envisioned before.